When we started to see many fitness instructors conduct kickboxing sessions with their clients, we were a little bit peeved. Why does everyone teach kickboxing? And the usual answer is, "It's great cardiovascular exercise". Ok, fair enough. But we hate it when these fitness trainers claim to be kickboxing "experts" and "martial artists". So we decided to bring in our instructor. And we mean "OUR INSTRUCTOR".
Let us introduce Bruce. Bruce is a black belt from Nam Wah Pai Chinese Martial Arts, Bruce has competed (and won) in various martial arts competitions.
Apart from Chinese martial arts, Bruce is a certified Muay Thai Instructor with the World Muay Thai Council, represented Singapore in international boxing tournaments, is a blue belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and was a former Singapore Armed Forces Unarmed Combat Instructor. Together, he brings more than 10 years of coaching experience to the tables.
But don't be surprised when you see Bruce. He is not a very big guy. However, this little guy packs a knockout jab (Yes... Jab!) and he kicks like a mule. So put on your game face when you train with him. As you can see from his competition record below, Bruce is no quitter and he will make sure you aren't one too.
- Black Belt - Nam Wah Pai
- Blue Belt - Brazillian Jiu Jitsu
- Certified S.A.F. Unarmed Combat Auxilary Instructor
- Certified Muay Thai Instructor by World Muay Thai Council
- Malaysian Fighting Championships Fight night 3 - Winner (2011)
- Malaysian Fighting Championships Fight night 2 - Winner (2011)
- National Shanshou Championship (60kg) - 1st Runner Up (2011)
- Blue Belt Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Asia - 4th (held in Bangkok) (2009)
- Ngee Ann City National Shanshou Tournament - Gold medal (2008)
- South East Asia Grappling Tournament (Nogi Submission) - Bronze medal (2007)
- Jagsport Tournament (Nogi Submission) - Bronze medal (2004) (dislocated shoulder and unable to continue into final)
- Jagsport Tournament (Nogi Submission) - Bronze medal (2003) (dislocated elbow)
- Penang Boxing - Bronze medal (representing Singapore) (2002)
- Nam Wah Pai Tournament
- Shanshou Rules - Gold medal (1997)
- Taekwondo Rules - Silver medal (1996)
- Shanshou Rules - Gold medal (1995)