Douglas is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) and holds several specialty certifications. He is a Certified Kettlebell Teacher-Fitness and Movement Dynamics Specialist, a Certified Circular Strength Training Instructor and a Certified Tactical Fitness Field Instructor.
He is also a certified instructor in the following martial arts systems: Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (Ted Wong lineage), Sungkite Kali Derecho (SKD Tactical Weaponary) and Floro Fighting Systems (FFS). These martial arts systems demonstrate his competency in empty-hand fighting and weapons-based offensive and defensive tactics.
Douglas draws from this extensive fitness and martial background in order to provide a comprehensive and integrated programme in human performance. He continues to research and provide the most effective and up-to-date training methods in the strength and conditioning fields so as to teach and motivate you.
Currently, Douglas is focusing on the fields of kettlebell competition, self-defense martial arts and nutrition. He generally likes to work with smaller groups and/or private lessons. This stems from his philosophy of providing close individualised attention and unparalleled dedication to his students. His passion is to convert every single living person to take charge of their lives and improve their lifestyles in all domains (physical, social, emotional and psychological). He believes that everyone is capable of producing tremendous positive change, and if you are to work with him, rest assured, he will be there every step of the way.
- Certified Fitness Trainer by World Kettlebell Club (2011)
- Certified Kettlebell Sport Coach by World Kettlebell Club (2011)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach by World Kettlebell Club (2011)
- Certified Circular Strength Training (CST) Instructor by RMAX International (2011)
- Certified Tactical Fitness (TACFIT®) Field Instructor by Rmax International (2011)
- Certified with Singapore Sports Council - Basic Exercise Course (BEC) (2010)
- Certified Kettlebell Teacher by International Kettlebell Fitness Federation (2010)
- Certified Kettlebell – Fitness and Movement Dynamics by International Kettlbell Fitness Federation (2010)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by National Strength & Conditioning Assoc. (NSCA) (2010)
- Certified First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation by National Resuscitation Council of Singapore (CPR) (2010)
Martial Arts Accreditations:
- Certified Floro Fighting Systems (FFS) Instructor by Guro Gilbert Chee and Raymond Floro (2010)
- Certified Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Instructor (Senior) by Sifu Mark Stewart (2006)
- Certified Sungkite Kali Derecho (SKD Tactical Weaponry) Instructor by Sifu Mark Stewart (2006)